It’s May 1st, 2016. First four months down!
My goals for Second Quarter of 2016 (April-June) are as follows:
- Finish Shapes 1 Editing and Self-Publish It
- Finish Writing Game Year 1 Editing and Release It For Free
- Finish Writing Game Year 2
- Finish Shapes 2 Writing
- Plot Shapes 3 for Third Quarter Posting
- Write Four Short Stories
- Submit Three Short Stories
- Finish Gridfall Editing and Begin Submitting to Agents
- Maintain the blog
So a quick rundown of what I accomplished towards these goals:
- Shapes’ worldbuilding is complete for now. I’m about 20% through the detail-adding draft, at which point I will begin the final line edits (I swear this time it’s the final!)
- Writing Game Year 2 is closing in on completion!
- Shapes 2 is just moving along nicely. Not sure how many parts are left in it, but things are happening quickly from this point forward.
- No Shapes 3 plotting has occurred yet.
- Gridfall is scheduled to begin as soon as Shapes 1 is finalized. This is the big one for the quarter, and will be the last to complete, I imagine.
- I wrote a novelette from Thursday to today, which I’m including as part of my “Write Four Short Stories” goal. I have just one more short story to go for the quarter!
I’m looking forward to finishing some of these tasks in the coming weeks, and to begin the giant Gridfall task that’s looming.
In the coming week, I will be focusing on editing Shapes 1, writing for Shapes 2 and Writing Game Year 2.
This closes out the week! Until next time, explore a part of your town/city you’ve never been to before. Stay safe and stay smart, but go out and experience something new. You never know just where inspiration will strike, or the seed of an idea will begin to germinate into something more.
And always remember to write the hell on!