It’s May 22nd, 2016. Let’s talk about goals and things!
My goals for Second Quarter of 2016 (April-June) are as follows:
- Finish Shapes 1 Editing and Self-Publish It
- Finish Writing Game Year 1 Editing and Release It For Free
- Finish Writing Game Year 2
- Finish Shapes 2 Writing
- Plot Shapes 3 for Third Quarter Posting
- Write Four Short Stories
- Submit Three Short Stories
- Finish Gridfall Editing and Begin Submitting to Agents
- Maintain the blog
Here’s the brief accomplishments toward these goals:
- Shapes 1 Detail Draft is 60% complete.
- Writing Game Year 2 has been extended, and will continue for another four weeks.
- Shapes 2 Part Fifteen is entering its final act this week.
- No Shapes 3 plotting has occurred yet.
- Avalon Circle has taken the place of Gridfall for my next editing project, which will make some people unhappy I expect, but will probably make others much happier.
My intent is to be done with Shapes 1 and Writing Game Year 1’s editing at the end of this week. When those are complete, I will be beta-reading Shapes 1 and Writing Game Year 1 goes into a holding pattern again. Shapes 1 will get some cover art and I will begin finalizing it for publishing after this week.
Until next week, do something nice for someone as a reminder that you care for them and want what’s best for them. Being a writer is often solitary and lonely, and we must work hard to keep our relationships intact.
As always, follow me on Facebook and Twitter with #breakingauthor. Keep on striving for those goals.
And always remember to write the hell on!
You accomplish much with your list. This reminds me of your father!
I’m glad you also know that you have to give some of yourself to those people you care about.
It’s really that simple.