It’s April 10th, 2016. It’s time to throw an update full of words at you!
My goals for Second Quarter of 2016 (April-June) are as follows:
- Finish Shapes 1 Editing and Self-Publish It
- Finish Writing Game Year 1 Editing and Release It For Free
- Finish Writing Game Year 2
- Finish Shapes 2 Writing
- Plot Shapes 3 for Third Quarter Posting
- Write Four Short Stories
- Submit Three Short Stories
- Finish Gridfall Editing and Begin Submitting to Agents
- Maintain the blog
So a quick rundown of what I accomplished towards these goals:
- Nearly done with the current draft of Shapes 1 editing. I feel like there’s one more concrete draft to go after this and then I’ll be finalizing designs and getting cover art.
- Writing Game Year 1 I will get back to once I finish this draft of Shapes 1. It will not need as many editing passes, hopefully.
- Writing Game Year 2 is coming along nicely. I wrote the next part for a story I’ve already written for and next week I get to return to my own mech story and write for it!
- Shapes 2 is also coming along nicely. We’re in the back half of this particular story arc, and next week’s posting is going to be particularly revealing of some information that helps tie the world together a lot better.
- No Shapes 3 plotting has occurred yet.
- No short stories have been written yet.
- No more submissions have been undertaken yet.
- Gridfall is scheduled to begin as soon as Shapes 1 is finalized. This is the big one for the quarter, and will be the last to complete, I imagine.
I had a pretty great week of productivity, and part of that is joining Camp NaNo and committing to 50 hours of editing. I’m currently 20 minutes behind on my editing goal, but I’ll make that up tomorrow and all will be well!
Once I finish Camp NaNo, which is helping me jumpstart editing, I will back down to about an hour of editing a day, which will enable me to focus on getting the three days a week of writing I want to do, as well as find some time to work on submitting short stories for publication consideration.
And lastly, I joined a Reddit writing contest a couple weeks back, which I believe I mentioned. The first voting round has begun, and I have cast my vote for a story in the group I was voting on. My story is in a different group, and it has not gotten any votes yet, but I’m hopeful. Wish me luck, first place is $100! There’s some scary good stories in the competition, so I think it’s a long shot I’ll win.
In the coming week, I’ll be focusing on writing for Shapes 2, Writing Game 2, hopefully a short story and a submission, and editing Shapes 1 and Writing Game 1.
Until next week, try a food you’ve never had before! Explore the wonders of culinary bravery, because every new experience is fuel for your writing fire.
And always remember to write the hell on!