It’s May 22nd, 2016. Let’s talk about goals and things!
My goals for Second Quarter of 2016 (April-June) are as follows:
- Finish Shapes 1 Editing and Self-Publish It
- Finish Writing Game Year 1 Editing and Release It For Free
- Finish Writing Game Year 2
- Finish Shapes 2 Writing
- Plot Shapes 3 for Third Quarter Posting
- Write Four Short Stories
- Submit Three Short Stories
- Finish Gridfall Editing and Begin Submitting to Agents
- Maintain the blog
Here’s the brief accomplishments toward these goals:
- Shapes 1 Detail Draft is 60% complete.
- Writing Game Year 2 has been extended, and will continue for another four weeks.
- Shapes 2 Part Fifteen is entering its final act this week.
- No Shapes 3 plotting has occurred yet.
- Avalon Circle has taken the place of Gridfall for my next editing project, which will make some people unhappy I expect, but will probably make others much happier.
My intent is to be done with Shapes 1 and Writing Game Year 1’s editing at the end of this week. When those are complete, I will be beta-reading Shapes 1 and Writing Game Year 1 goes into a holding pattern again. Shapes 1 will get some cover art and I will begin finalizing it for publishing after this week.
Until next week, do something nice for someone as a reminder that you care for them and want what’s best for them. Being a writer is often solitary and lonely, and we must work hard to keep our relationships intact.
And always remember to write the hell on!