It’s April 17th, 2016. Fifteen weeks have come and gone for 2016, so let’s talk about our progress!
My goals for Second Quarter of 2016 (April-June) are as follows:
- Finish Shapes 1 Editing and Self-Publish It
- Finish Writing Game Year 1 Editing and Release It For Free
- Finish Writing Game Year 2
- Finish Shapes 2 Writing
- Plot Shapes 3 for Third Quarter Posting
- Write Four Short Stories
- Submit Three Short Stories
- Finish Gridfall Editing and Begin Submitting to Agents
- Maintain the blog
So a quick rundown of what I accomplished towards these goals:
- Finished the draft of Shapes 1. I set it aside for now so that I can work on other things and get some distance from it, then I’ll go back in another week or so and begin the final line edits and error checking to polish it up as nice as possible.
- Writing Game Year 1’s editing has been pretty swift. Since I’m not making a lot of substantial changes to prose or story, I’m simply cleaning up grammar and spelling and looking for plotholes and inconsistencies that can be fixed.
- Writing Game Year 2 is still progressing well. We have four more weeks after today and then it will be finishing up.
- Shapes 2 is a blast right now. I spent some time really digging into the worldbuilding and characters for the series in general at the start of April and it’s really improving the lived-in feel of the world.
- No Shapes 3 plotting has occurred yet.
- I wrote a short story! Got randomly inspired on Thursday and knocked out a little thing. Not sure it’s any good yet, but we’ll see.
- No more submissions have been undertaken yet.
- Gridfall is scheduled to begin as soon as Shapes 1 is finalized. This is the big one for the quarter, and will be the last to complete, I imagine.
Editing continues to be the big stumbling block for me, that I have to force myself to sit down and work on, but Camp NaNo has been an insanely helpful thing to keep me moving. I’m usually a little behind in my goal, but never more than 2 hours.
The Reddit contest, as of last night, still has a few days left to vote, and I have received one vote thus far! There are three more votes yet to be cast for my group, and I’m not in the lead right now, but a vote is a vote, I’ll it!
In the coming week, I will be focusing on Writing Game Year 1, Shapes 2 and Writing Game Year 2, and then I’ll go back to Shapes 1 for editing again. I may find time to work on editing the short story I wrote this past week, but it’s the last thing on my list.
Until next week, do some research! Find something that doesn’t interest you in the least bit and delve into it. Gaining random knowledge is like getting bonus points in your writing pool and it helps to make you a well-rounded person in general.
As always, follow me on Facebook and Twitter with #breakingauthor. Keep on striving for those goals.
And always remember to write the hell on!
Good closing statement Jr. Man.
Keep it coming.