It’s Sunday, February 14th, 2016, Valentine’s Day though that doesn’t really matter. It’s time to update you on my pretty horrendous week!
If you saw my Thursday post about the slump I’m in, I haven’t gotten much writing or editing work done this week.
- I managed to keep the blog updated.
- I started posting the serial novella The Wings Take Shape
- I wrote the next part of The Wings Take Shape for next Tuesday
- I submitted Damp Summer Nights
I didn’t finish line edits on Shapes 1, find cover art for Shapes 1, or even look at Gridfall.
I have President’s Day off from the day job and I intend to make of it a splendid day of writing-related endeavors. I likely won’t get all the way caught up, but hopefully having an entire weekday at my writerly disposal will make a big difference in this slump I’m in.
In the coming week I would like to:
- Maintain the blog with a weekly update, an editorial, and a story post.
- Complete Shapes 1 Line Edits
- Write Shapes 2 Part 3
- Write the opening part to a collaborative story game that begins in March.
- Find cover art for Shapes 1
- Begin Gridfall read and broad fixes before deep editing phases.
- Get my writer resumé in a little bit more order and submit applications to a couple of places that I know are looking for writers.
That last one is the pipedream, but I want to go after it.
Anyway, wish me luck and upwards momentum!
As always, follow me on Facebook and Twitter with #breakingauthor. Keep on striving for those goals.
And always remember to write the hell on!
First Happy Valentine’s Day!
That aside I’m really glad you have tomorrow off! Enjoy it and accomplish whatever you can, but don’t over do it!
I think you should definitely go for your dreams whether pipe dreams or not! Just put yourself out there!
Good things will happen!