It’s the end of the first full week of 2016, which means it is time for my Week One update!
I don’t have a daily update or anything fancy like I did last year, so instead of giving you a day-by-day breakdown of how much I wrote or edited or whatever, you’ll get a quick rundown of what I’ve been working on during the week and then I’ll update my Goals with completions marked as strikethroughs!
So in my first week, I maintained my blog schedule of a Thursday posting and a Sunday posting. The slight change to the Thursday post will likely continue going forward, being more editorial than motivational.
I edited two short stories and submitted them for publication consideration. A sci-fi tale to an anthology and a fantasy romp to Tor.com.
I organized the shapeshifter novella into one long document, delisted it from the blog, and began preliminary reading and edits.
1. Edit the three novels and two novellas from last year.
– Gridfall (novel)
– Triple T (novella)
– Shapeshifter (novella) PROGRESS BEGUN
– Avalon Circle (novel)
– Savage Duty (novel)
2. Self-publish one of the novels and both novellas.
– Triple T
– Savage Duty
3. Submit other two novels for regular publishing consideration.
– Avalon Circle
4. Continue a weekly Editorial and Update schedule on the blog for this year’s challenge.
– One Week Successful
5. Get started back up on a weekly novel or novella posting on the blog.
– Sequel novella to shapeshifter currently planned for a little later in the year.
6. Submit a short story a month.
– Two in January
7. Write at least one short/flash story a month.
– January Story Not Started
8. Write the next part of the Shapeshifter novella series.
– See Number 5.
9. Write the first novel of the new trilogy in the Shades series.
– Not begun.
10. Transcribe the partially-completed coming-of-age fantasy story that only exists in notebooks. Finish the novel.
– Not begun.
So far this year has been a little hectic, but for reasons totally outside of my control, both in my personal life and in my day job. I am looking forward to putting all of these outside things behind me and really digging deep over the coming weeks to knock out all these goals!
And always remember to write the hell on!