It’s July 19th, 2015. Week twenty eight of writing 1,000 words per day of fiction. It’s time for another update!
Days 193 through 199 have been successes, with a minimum of 1,000 words per day written.
Stats for Days 193 to 199:
Day 193 – 1230 words
Day 194 – 1023 words
Day 195 – 1151 words
Day 196 – 1215 words
Day 197 – 1020 words
Day 198 – 1091 words
Day 199 – 1078 words
Total count for the year thus far is 255,934 words. Average daily word count is 1,286 words. WIP Avalon Circle is at 61,327 words. Based on current projections, Avalon Circle is 52% complete.
There’s a couple things of note this week:
1. The collective of writers I’m a part of has started a new initiative of productivity, and part of that initiative is writing games and contests. So every week I’m likely to dedicate a day or two of writing to some of these additional games and contests, and hopefully that will keep things interesting and fresh enough that I don’t start to burn out. The plus side is that it means I’ll have more small stories to share in the coming weeks!
2. My new goal of editing while continuing to write is not going so well. I have done very little editing in comparison to new writing and I don’t know how easy it’s going to be to integrate that into things. Editing and writing are two different skills, and two different mindsets to be in. It’s hard to just swap out one for another on the same day, so I don’t know how this is going to work going forward.
3. I’m going on vacation in two weeks, a real vacation where I’ll be traveling across state lines and visiting family and friends doing fun stuff for a week. I’ll let you know right now that I’m contemplating a week off from this writing endeavor, which means a solid week of 0-word Days, or Failures as I’m calling them. I haven’t decided yet, but the longer I go the harder it’s becoming to get the daily words in consistently, and I think it’s verging on burn out if I’m not careful.
Avalon Circle is half done, and that’s something since it was supposed to be a couple thousand words at the start and instead it’s just a novel. Quick word on what I’m doing beyond that:
1. Complete Avalon Circle.
2. Complete Time Travel Twins novella.
3. Start and Complete third book in the Shades of the Past series, WIP title Grief Ignored.
I probably should have started with Grief Ignored since that’s my series and the rest of these are standalone works. But that’s the way it works sometimes.
And remember, writing is a skill. So write the hell on, writers.